Thursday, May 08, 2008

"Atheism"

Atheism is a very interesting subject to many people, most of which have very little comprehension of it in general.

I am an Atheist, and I have been since I was a child. I was an "Acolyte" (an "Altarboy" for Catholicism, but I was raised as an Episcople), and all of the things that I heard from a variety of adult "Founts of Knowledge" struck me as utter bullshit.

The "Virgin Birth" sung to me as the most ridiculous of the claims of the faithful, being that the only organism that I was aware of that benefited from this kind of procreation was the Amoeba; a single-celled organism that reproduced through through Mitosis, the direct replication of cells in an asexual manner.

Being that we are beings that reproduce through the meeting of our genitals, this whole idea is ludicrous to me.

If this whole idea of the "Virgin Birth" were true, why not have it be a Gay man? Granted, the birth would be horrific beyond the wild imaginings of even Tom of Finland, this woud grant more credence than the idea of a married couple that had never done the dirty deed producing a child without sexual intercourse.

If Joseph and Mary had been Joseph (the angry top) and Harry (his submissive bottom) by magic producing a child that would somehow deliver us from the darkness that lies at the heart of all men, I could buy that.

After all, it would explain why Jesus was so non-judgemental and accepting, since most Orthodox believers are the exact opposite... it would also explain his amazing fashion sense and his killer decorating skills as well.

I think the biggest weakness for those that belive in an invisible Leather Daddy in the sky is that they are incapable of accepting that life may be random (as it is in the wild) and that there is no one being that is guiding us, and that we are, all of us, alone.

Such a notion disturbs them more than a Conservative Christian attending a Fisting symposium without his own pump-action keg of lube... they feel hollow at even the prospect that we all may just be an accident of evolution and barbarism.

But here's an idea: Just think about it for a little while.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

blah....

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home